Outdoor Report: Bow season kicks off | News
LITTLE ROCK, Ark. (KTHV) -- Arkansas deer hunters are gearing up for the beginning of bow season this Saturday, Sept. 15.
Mark Edwards talks to Curtis Gray, Program Coordinator for the Arkansas National Archery in Schools Program, about bow season.
Gray talks about bow hunter safety and tips to keep in mind when heading out into designated hunting zones.
Gray also points out there are bag limits for deer (archery) season. Hunters are limited to six deer, of which no more than two can be legal bucks.
Arkansas bow season opens September 15th and closes February 28, 2013.
Upcoming Events near Hot Springs
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Arkansas Blue Cross and Blue Shield to give away Christmas meals
- More than 175,000 deer harvested in Arkansas thus far
- Ouachita theatre department to present One-Act Plays Dec. 5-6
- Kelton Hays Named Finalist for Gene Upshaw Division II Lineman of the Year Award
- Gov. Beebe announces 16 appointments to boards, commissions