Cat abuse suspect turns himself in | News
HOT SPRINGS, Ark. (KTHV) -- Garland County officials say David Smith turned himself in Wednesday after being charged with 39 counts of animal cruelty and rabies violations.
According to the sheriff's office, Smith owned the home where more than 28 cats died in a fire and 11 others were sent to the vet. Four of those injured later died from smoke inhalation.
Smith, who is a sheriff's department employee, was released on a $1,000 bond.
(Source: Garland County Sheriff's Department release)
Upcoming Events near Hot Springs
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Arkansas Blue Cross and Blue Shield to give away Christmas meals
- More than 175,000 deer harvested in Arkansas thus far
- Ouachita theatre department to present One-Act Plays Dec. 5-6
- Kelton Hays Named Finalist for Gene Upshaw Division II Lineman of the Year Award
- Gov. Beebe announces 16 appointments to boards, commissions