Joey's Community Mews: Lost pets | News
LITTLE ROCK, Ark. (KTHV) - Losing a pet is never an easy thing. For many of us, our pets are a part of our family and when they disappear, it's difficult to deal with.
This month our friends at Little Rock Animal Village are helping us prepare with some tips on how to deal with this situation:
-The best way to make sure your lost pets get back home is to keep collars with tags on them, so that when they are found, the finders know who to call.
-You can also get your pet microchiped. They are painlessly implanted under the skin and every veterinarian in Little Rock has at least one microchip reader.
-Take several pictures of your pet. In the event your pet does become lost, you can immediately post the pictures on social media sites like the Arkansas Lost and Found Pet Network and create flyers to post at veterinarian offices and local animal shelters.
-Contact Little Rock Animal Village or your local animal shelter to see if your pet has been dropped off there.
Upcoming Events near Hot Springs
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Arkansas Blue Cross and Blue Shield to give away Christmas meals
- More than 175,000 deer harvested in Arkansas thus far
- Ouachita theatre department to present One-Act Plays Dec. 5-6
- Kelton Hays Named Finalist for Gene Upshaw Division II Lineman of the Year Award
- Gov. Beebe announces 16 appointments to boards, commissions