THV's Back to School Blitz: Aug 6 - 10 | News
LITTLE ROCK, Ark. (KTHV) -- School is just around the corner. Kids will need pencils, paper and other items, but for some families it's a struggle just to get the basics.
So, we're partnering with United Way for THV's Back to School Blitz to help children in need of school supplies August 6 - 10 from 4:30 - 7:30pm at these Walmart locations:
- Monday, August 6 - Benton
17309 Interstate 30
- Tuesday, August 7 - Conway
1155 Hwy 65 North
- Wednesday, August 8 - North Little Rock
4450 East McCain Blvd
- Thursday, August 9 - Bryant
400 Bryant Avenue
- Friday, August 10th - West Little Rock
2700 South Shackleford
There are over 53,000 students in the Little Rock, North Little Rock and Pulaski County School Districts. Approximately 20,000 of these students are economically disadvantaged children. Many are from single-parent families, and many of the children come to school each year lacking the basic school supplies needed for classroom work.
The Heart of Arkansas United Way saw a need to try to address the needs of these children and to help prevent early school failure for at risk youth.
Since that time the program has expanded to other counties served by the Heart of Arkansas United Way. They collaborate with all three school districts on this project. School administrators will provide parents of children that are in most need with a referral slip to be completed by the parent, signed by the counselor and then brought to the food pantry where they receive their supplies.
Let's help make the first day of school a little more fun! Students are in need of the items below.
- Backpacks (clear or Mesh)
- Elmers Glue (large bottle)
- Glue Sticks
- Scissors (both sharp and children's Fiskar)
- Crayola Crayons (24 Count Boxes)
- Watercolors (PRANG)
- Pencils #2
- Cap Erasers
- Folders with pockets and brads (red, blue, yellow)
- Notebook Paper (Wide Ruled)
- Spiral Notebooks
- Box of Tissue
- Index Cards 3"X5"
- Ink Pens (Red, Black, and Blue)
- Ziplock Bags (Both Gallon and Quart Size)
- Composition Notebooks 9 1/2 X 7 1/2
- Highlighters (yellow)
- Hand Sanitizer (12 oz)
- Plastic School Box (Cigar Box Size)
- 3 Ring Binder (1")
If you have any questions, you can call:
Public Relations Director/Campaign Manager
Heart of Arkansas United Way
516 W. Pershing Blvd
North Little Rock, Ark. 72114
(501) 376-4567, ext. 21