Tarantulas! | Urban Wildlife
HOT SPRINGS, AR: Saturday, June 2 at 7:30 p.m., a park ranger will present an evening program about the largest spider that can be found in Hot Springs National Park.
Not only are tarantulas the largest spiders in the Midwest, but they are also one of Hot Springs National Park’s most misunderstood inhabitants. Despite their portrayal in horror movies as deadly, poisonous, and aggressive spiders, tarantulas are actually docile and interesting creatures.
Find out more about these amazing arachnids at the Gulpha Gorge amphitheater. You might get the chance to see a tarantula, too!
Upcoming Events near Hot Springs
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Ouachita Unveils Plans to Construct New Stadium in Honor of Cliff Harris
- Henderson State's Kevin Rodgers Elected 2013 Allstate AFCA Good Works Team Captain
- SBA seeks nominations for Arkansas Small Business Person of the Year, Small Business Champions
- Henderson State Swim Teams Finish Second at UALR Christmas Invitational
- Henderson State's Maxfield Named AFCA Regnional